Saturday, December 7, 2013

“O My Servant! Obey Me and I shall make thee like unto Myself..."





"Astonishment here is highly prized, and utter poverty essential. Wherefore hath it been said, “Poverty is My pride.” 18 And again: “God hath a people beneath the dome of glory, whom He hideth in the clothing of radiant poverty.” 19

These are they who see with His eyes, hear with His ears, as it is written in the well-known tradition. Concerning this realm, there is many a tradition and many a verse, of broad or special relevancy, but two of these will suffice to serve as a light for men of mind and heart. The first is His statement:
“O My Servant! Obey Me and I shall make thee like unto Myself. I say ‘Be,’ and it is, and thou shalt say ‘Be,’ and it shall be.” And the second: “O Son of Adam! Seek fellowship with none until thou hast found Me, and whenever thou shalt long for Me, thou shalt find Me close to thee.”"

-Bahá'u'lláh, The Seven Valleys And the Four Valleys, pp. 62-63



 18. Muḥammad. 
 19. Hadíth.

No comments:

Post a Comment