Friday, January 10, 2014

“I seek her everywhere; haply somewhere I shall find her.”






"One must judge of search by the standard of the Majnún of Love. 11 It is related that one day they came upon Majnún sifting the dust, and his tears flowing down. They said, “What doest thou?” He said, “I seek for Laylí.” They cried, “Alas for thee! Laylí is of pure spirit, and thou seekest her in the dust!” He said,
“I seek her everywhere; haply somewhere I shall find her.”"

-Bahá'u'lláh, The Seven Valleys And the Four Valleys, p. 6

 11. Literally, Majnún means “insane.” This is the title of the celebrated lover of ancient Persian and Arabian lore, whose beloved was Laylí, daughter of an Arabian prince. Symbolizing true human love bordering on the divine, the story has been made the theme of many a Persian romantic poem, particularly that of Nizámí, written in 1188–1189 A.D.



Leonardo DaVinci

No comments:

Post a Comment