Wednesday, June 2, 2021

" ... through the blessings of that sacred Shrine, I was filled with boundless fervour and joy throughout the night."


"He is the All-Glorious.


O ye loving friends of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá! It is early morning and I have returned to Haifa from the Shrine of the Báb—may my soul be offered up for His dust. I spent last night within the precincts of His exalted Sanctuary, and through the blessings of that sacred Shrine, I was filled with boundless fervour and joy throughout the night. The sweet savours of holiness wafting from His resplendent Sepulchre so perfumed my soul and caused my heart to quiver that my thoughts turned towards you spiritual friends, and I began to write this letter. Despite countless concerns and manifold vicissitudes, I have set all aside and called to mind the countenance and character of the beloved of my heart and soul. Consider how great is my affection for you!"


(Light of the World: Selected Tablets of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, #27)
www.bahai.org/r/236140230

No comments:

Post a Comment