Sunday, October 18, 2020

“I am,” He exclaimed, “I am, I am the Promised One! I am the One Whose name you have for a thousand years invoked ..."

 

" ... the Báb, having seated Himself in the chief place which had been reserved for the Valí-‘Ahd (the heir to the throne), gave, in ringing tones, His celebrated answer to the question put to Him by the President of that assembly. “I am,” He exclaimed, “I am, I am the Promised One! I am the One Whose name you have for a thousand years invoked, at Whose mention you have risen, Whose advent you have longed to witness, and the hour of Whose Revelation you have prayed God to hasten. Verily, I say, it is incumbent upon the peoples of both the East and the West to obey My word, and to pledge allegiance to My person.

The Báb, cited by Shoghi Effendi


(God Passes By)
www.bahai.org/r/092630136

No comments:

Post a Comment