Saturday, January 9, 2021

“Glory be to Thee! To Thee do I turn in penitence, and I am the first of them that implore Thy pardon.”

 
© 2021 Gregory Egerton
"When I entrusted this message of love to My pen, it refused the burden and swooned away. Then, coming to itself, it spoke and said, “Glory be to Thee! To Thee do I turn in penitence, and I am the first of them that implore Thy pardon.”137 
All praise be to God, the Lord of the worlds! 


Let us tell, some other day

This parting hurt and woe;

Let us write, some other way,

Love’s secrets—better so.

Leave blood and noise and all of these,

And say no more of Shams-i-Tabríz.138


Peace be upon thee, and upon those who circle round thee and attain thy presence."


~Bahá'u'lláh

(The Call of the Divine Beloved)
www.bahai.org/r/068397785

137 Cf. Qur’án 7:143 

138 Rúmí. Shams-i-Tabríz was the Ṣúfí who exerted a powerful influence on Rúmí, diverting his attention from science to mysticism. A great part of Rúmí’s works are dedicated to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment