Friday, January 1, 2021

"My soul doth sense the fragrant breath - Of a well-beloved soul: The fragrance of that kindly friend - Who’s my heart’s desire and goal."


"And were it not contrary to the commandment of the Book, I would surely have bestowed a part of My possessions upon My would-be murderer, and given him to inherit Mine earthly goods, and rendered him a myriad thanks, and solaced Mine own eyes with the touch of his hand. But what can I do? Neither have I any wealth, nor hath the Lord of destiny so decreed. 


Methinks at this moment I perceive the musk-scented fragrance of the garment of Há’ from the Joseph of Bahá; verily He seemeth near at hand, though ye may think Him far away.124


My soul doth sense the fragrant breath

Of a well-beloved soul:

The fragrance of that kindly friend

Who’s my heart’s desire and goal.



The duty of long years of love obey,

And tell the tale of blissful days gone by,

That land and sky may laugh aloud today,

And it may gladden mind and heart and eye."125


~Bahá'u'lláh


(The Call of the Divine Beloved)
www.bahai.org/r/331888757


124. An intimation of Bahá’u’lláh’s imminent Manifestation.
125. Rúmí.

No comments:

Post a Comment